blue moon (2)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother Daze ©

From day one
From the very beginning
You were always there
Smiling back
After you crack the broomstick over my head

From your bed I came into the world
You smiled and said
“Oh shit”
And knew I was trouble
From the start

From the window you watched
As I stole the old man’s car
And said nothing
Nothing at all
She knew he’d bring donuts back or die

From between the sheets another had come
A weasel and a cheat
Who he had tried to trade on the corner for a sweet
But she caught him
Then beat him with a side of beef

From dark filled alleys
She wandered filthy streets
Searching for me
Looking to see if I was alive and still fat
Probably to beat me with another baseball bat

From the depths of hell
Dieing on the floor
Armed with only a spoon of caster oil
A slap upside the head
She brought me back to fuck up again

From where I began
To where I am
I walked through hell without a care
With an angel on my shoulder
Swinging big stick at my head

Happy Mother’s day Mom

I want to wish all the Mothers, Aunts and anyone doing double duty a Happy Mother’s Day.

Walker

12 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

As a mum who had Mothers day back in March, I'll gladly take a litle bit of this from you.
xx

Megan said...

Sounds like she had quite a time with you, my boy.

Walker said...

Fire Byrd: You take as much as you rigtly deserve.
Mothers deserve all the praise they can get I know mine does.

Walker said...

Megan: Yeah, my mother had her hands full will little sleep in the 80's and 90's

Scarlet said...

Kept that woman hopping you did! :)

Geez! lol

Happy Mothers Day to you double-duty man! :D

Boxer said...

Your Momma deserves a medal.

:-)

Tammi said...

Walker,Walker,your Mom should have beat you a long time ago!!LOL
(just kidding)
Your adoreable....love the poem!!
Fathers' Day is just around the corner,and you sure deserve the Father of the Year award.
Hugggggs
Tam

Michael Manning said...

Walker: In your defense, I know you have a heart of Gold for the children who have appeared on my site with brain cancer over the past 3 years. But I salute you for recognizing that we would be nowhere without great Mom's. Mine just mailed me a frying pan because she didn't like the way the old one looked on her April visit. OPA! :)

Aleta said...

Well, now, that's one heck of a Mother's Day poem. NO Hallmark from you and I wouldn't think it otherwise.

Sally said...

Yeah, like Michael, I know you have a great big mushy heart!! And, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes, Walker. :)

Peter said...

You sure have kept Mom busy over the years... BUT... all those whacks to the head might explain things a bit.

nachtwache said...

Thanks for the mother's day wishes! I guess you read about my mother's day. I really know what your mom went through! Now you're making up for it all.