blue moon (2)

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Person ©

Who is a person?
What is a person?
Are they what their origins demand or are they the product of the choices they made?
Does it matter how they choose to live or does someone have the right to tell them how to live?
What happens if you have no choice?
What happens if the only choice to live the way you want would only bring about your destruction?
Do you stay where you are and suffer in silence or go to certain failure?
If you decide to strike out and fail, what happens if you can’t go back to where you were?
Where do you go then?
Does anyone care for you to take you in?
If they do, for how long before you overstay your welcome?
What happens when there is no one else left you could reach out too, do you bend down on all fours and beg to be taken back?
What then?
What are you when you are let back, crawling, beaten?
Do you hold the same status or are you demoted to insect under the constant threat of being stepped on and crushed?
Is this what life is supposed to be like?
Are we to bow to those who seem to be our superiors?
How do others become our masters?
Was there a vote to see who was to be the slave?
Who got to vote?
Who counted the votes?
How much abuse are you aloud to take before you get to fight back?
Are the beatings justified?
Are you allowed to fight back?
What would it be like to wake up one day and be free of fear?
Is it right to want to be free?
When will the sun shine?
Will anyone love me again?
Did anyone ever love me?
Is this what love is?
Do I want some to ever say they love me again?
If I die will I be free?

These are just some of the questions I have been asked in the last few months by people specifically women who feel comfortable enough to reach out to talk to someone and they choose me as their outlet.
They honor me with their trust but I don’t have the answers to all the questions but I do my opinions to most of them.

Who is a person?
A person is a human being, someone with independent thought, feelings, needs with a distinct personality.

What is a person?
A person is a living, breathing creature that deserves the right and respect to be treated as such.

Are they what their origins demand or are they the product of the choices they made?
No, they are the culmination of the choices they made over time.

Does it matter how they choose to live or does someone have the right to tell them how to live?
How you choose to live can only be done by the individual and if someone else does the choosing for you it’s because you chose to allow it to be that way.

What happens if you have no choice?
Then you’re fucked but you always have a choice.

What happens if the only choice to live the way you want would only bring about your destruction?
At least it will be at your own hand and not someone else’s, we learn from our choices in life.

Do you stay where you are and suffer in silence or go to certain failure?
That’s you decision, but for me it’s better to live in squalor than to live in oppression.

If you decide to strike out and fail, what happens if you can’t go back to where you were?
Going back is not an option, you push ahead failing at every turn until you get what you want.

Where do you go then?
Anywhere is better than where you were.

Does anyone care for you to take you in?
Have you looked or asked?

If they do, for how long before you overstay your welcome?
If you have to ask that question then you are not trying hard enough to be independent.

What happens when there is no one else left you could reach out too, do you bend down on all fours and beg to be taken back?
All dogs crawl back to their masters, are you a dog?

What then?
Yes, what are you going to do because this is your life not mine to decide.

What are you when you are let back, crawling, beaten?
You are nothing, a big fat zero to be treated worse than when you left and you have reinforced your oppressor’s words of you are nothing without them.

Do you hold the same status or are you demoted to insect under the constant threat of being stepped on and crushed?
You are worse off than before because now you have confirmed the others words and you will be demeaned more than before.
A bastard is a bigger bastard when they win.

Is this what life is supposed to be like?
No, life is not like this but it can be if you allow it.

Are we to bow to those who seem to be our superiors?
You bow to no one you are the boss of yourself.

How do others become our masters?
You let them be your masters by staying quiet and letting them have their way.

Was there a vote to see who was to be the slave?
Yes but you weren’t invited.

Who got to vote?
The lazy good for nothing fucken liars that lets you have no say in how you live.

Who counted the votes?
It was a silent vote like the silent tears you shed in the dark alone.

How much abuse are you aloud to take before you get to fight back?
You shouldn’t have to take any abuse from anyone especially someone who proclaimed they’re love for you beforehand.

Are the beatings justifiable?
NO!!!!!!!!!!

Are you allowed to fight back?
Yes and you are allowed to leave when they start not when you have had enough.

What would it be like to wake up one day and be free of fear?
It would be like being 100 pounds lighter running through fields of wild flowers with a sweet scent of freedom surrounding you.

Is it right to want to be free?
It’s your number one right.

When will the sun shine?
When you smile once more.

Will anyone love me again?
There will always be someone who will love you for the right reason.

Did anyone ever love me?
Yes there was and there always will be.

Is this what love is?
Love is when your heart knows it's happy.

Do I want someone to ever say they love me again?
Yes you do because love is what makes your soul soar.

If I die will I be free?
Freedom is for the living, death is for our ancestors.

It makes me mad to hear how some people are treated by those who should be loving them.
If I had the money I would be travelling the world with my baseball bat and cracking heads, knees and one particular person is not even fucken human by any standards.
If you are being abuse, beaten get out, it won’t stop and prolonging it will not make matters better.
There are agencies out there that will help you.
I have started from scratch 3 times and found that it’s better to be happy than miserable.
I used to be in an abusive relationship and the minute she left I felt like a cloud in the sky.

We have lost two friends this past weekend to this.
I am worried now because all contact is gone and I don’t know what will happen to them, if they are safe.
I hope all goes well with them and they will be missed.

It has taken centuries for women to be recognised as a "Person", don't let some ass wipe take that away from you.
These are all my opinions and thoughts.

Have a nice day

Walker

17 comments:

BlazngScarlet said...

Very well said Walker, and as usual, spot on!

I too was in an abusive relationship.
He dragged my son by his hair across the floor, and then slammed me up against the wall choking me. He's only lucky that he was almost 7 foot tall and had REALLY long arms. Once I was no longer a "threat" (too oxygen deprived and weak) he did the "manly" thing and locked himself in a spare room and called the police on me.
Didn't matter, I was already packing mine & my sons bag.
I had no place to go, but I would have rather slept in my car than stay in that house, and I sure as hell wasn't going to jail!
I showed up on my boss's doorstep, and she was kind enough to let us stay there for a couple days till I arranged for a place of our own.
I also went to my local Department of Children & Families and signed up for every possible thing I could.
They put me in touch with a few places that I could get furniture, clothing, etc.
I left that house with nothing more than my clothes, and my sons clothes. We made a home for ourselves, and have always been grateful for the agencies that helped us.

Abuse is abuse.
Abusers don't change, and they never stop.

Monica said...

A very good post, Walker. My favorite actor was in a movie Men Don't Tell which accounted for abuse against men by women.

All people should live without fear of physical and mental abuse.

Good post.

Monogram Queen said...

Now Walker some of these things, well a grown woman or man should just KNOW. You are a wise and wonderful man and a fine friend.

Jenny said...

Ahmen, Walker.

nachtwache said...

Right on! One reason people stay in abusive relationships is that the unknown is scarier than the familiar, even if that's abuse. Also, abuse makes people often even less confident about themselves, then there's sometimes the hope for change, that'll keep some hanging on. I get mad, Walker, I can relate to wanting to use a baseball bat.
I hope your friends are alright!

Anonymous said...

I hope your friends will be okay, and will somehow be in touch with you. Not knowing is so difficult when we're worried about others.

There are so many types of abuse, and I hate to hear of those who think there's no other way than to stay.

Take care.

Lindy said...

Hopefully your friends will find their way out of the predicament they are in. Hopefully.

Peter said...

Fuck it all Walker are you 160 years old or what??? How the fuck did you get so smart and worldly??
Great post buddy!!!!!

Shaz said...

As one from an abusive relationship.
I couldn't of said it better.

Great Post our Gu Ru Walker lol.

Seriously though I do hope your friends are okay and I pray for women to gather their strength and some men to overcome and be free and Happy.
Its hard but worth it. xx

Susan said...

Wise post . Having watched my sister and a girlfriend of mine go through this, i have felt the anger, helplessness and fear these women experience. It take more courage to walk away than it does to stay and face the ongoing abuse.

Harmony said...

This is why so many women come to you for advice Walker. You are wise, kind, a good friend and you give great cyber hugs...*giggle*. You also seem to know exactly the right thing to say without being patronising, condescending and judgemental. You are truly one of a kind and I for one am very honoured to count you among my friends.

I'm sure your friends will be in touch, they will probably need you more than ever and I know you will be there for them because thats who you are.

That hangover was a son of a bitch....lol.

Teresa said...

A very thoughtful post. I hope you friends are okay.

That is why I am a cool single mom, because I decided not to be a stupid dead mom--I am glad that I fought back.

Anonymous said...

I think it§s quite amusing that zou posted such crap in blog. I mean this coming from YOU. Last year I was going through some hellish shit and all you did was make it worse. I trusted you and confided in you as any friend would to someone they've known for years. what did you do? you abused the friendship by anouncing publicly what I was going through , without asking my consent. you made it sound like I had been taking advantage of you when all the while it was YOU taking advantage and abusing me.
I was in your house, as a guest, as a PAYING guest, I might add. but you never mentioned that to anybody you spoke to on this blog. That I actually went broke trying to live up to my agreement with you.
so what does that make YOU? but another abusive male.
I watched as you took what you could from me but you knew I was in a weak state... like any abusive male would/does.
you speak/write alot of 'golden words' but all of it is really crap as you don't live up to most of any of that you write.
if only these people, these strangers which you call 'friends' knew the real truth about you, your life, I wonder then what they would REALLY think of you....

Dotm said...

Good post. I watched as one of my daughters lived that life. Every time I complained for her to leave him, she would find some reason for why he did it. Not one truth in her excuses, she just loved him and kept making excuses for him. When drunk, he would try to choke her. Luckily I lived next door and would go running when I would hear his yelling. One day he walked up to within 2 " of my face with his fist and said" You better watch out, even my mother is afraid of me". I grabbed his fist and said" I`m not your mother, and I`m not afraid of you. Unless you want to be laying on that ground, you better shut up and leave". He looked so startled and left. Noone in his family ever dared to talk back to him every since he was small. He didn`t know what to do when suddenly there was someone not afraid of him and after that he was afraid of me. I had seen bullies like him before in my life.
I was happy when my daughter kicked him out,( they were renting from us), she knew her father and I would help her with her two small children. Today she is happily married and both her kids and their families like their new step-father.
I hope the same happy future for your friends.

Walker said...

Grow up Dale, you stayed with me for three to four months from the three weeks you said you were going to stay.
You paid as much as Mike and Rick paid when they stayed with me or do you concider yourelf better than them.

You allienated yourself from your family because they didn't bend to your needs, its all about you wasn;t it.
I think that's your biggest complaint.
You want to spar with me. no problem, the truth is in the open you just refuse to see it.
Grow up and get better.

Anonymous said...

no Peter. it is ALL about you. you just had to go around and tell everyone my business eh, so then people could give you what zou are missing in your life.
even people I hadnt spoken to in YEARS knew MY business. You have one hell of a big mouth and a swift hand Peter. that is what I finally realized about you. you certainly put on one hell of a show here on the web.
I dont think its me who needs to grow up Peter, it is you.
why dont you stop collecting welfare, living off your parents and get out and get a REAL job like the rest of us.
then maybe you will actually have a life to talk about instead of always talking about OTHER people and their business
its a friendly suggestion

Walker said...

For starters I don;t liveoff of my parents I own this house and I paid for it and if I was you I wouyldn't talk about living off of any one.
Second I don;t collect welfare I get disability and I get it because THEY had me checked out but none of thios is your fucken business so don;t get me going on you because i canwrite and tell you not a list about your but VOLUMES.
So why don't you go find the revenge you so desperatly seek and who knows you may convince yourself you're winning.