blue moon (2)

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How Do You Live? ©

I'm swamped with all the BS that comes with the season and thanks to my SIL I'm in traction and my father almost dead.
I'll get into that later when I have time.
This week produced two more deaths in the family bringing it to ten for the year and this is taking it's toll on my parents.
I try and keep these thoughts out my head.
It's been a morbid year and it's not over yet.
Every year I hope for a better year but so far my hopes are drowning in silence as life seems to be getting harder to carry.
The snow doesn't fucken help.

I'm going to cheat and post this post that I used on Last Soul to fill in the rest of this post while I crawl back to my duties.
Just remember when you're out there shoveling snow to take it easy.
A heartattack is one a shovel full away

Have a nice day

Walker

How Do You Live?

Life used to be simple
Until time went by me
I used to smile
Now all I do is frown

There was a time when giving was easy
People used to be happy
Now it’s harder and harder
As people only want more and more

When did it all change?
When did we become users, used and abused?
How long has it been since I took a breathe?
When was the last time I lived for me?

Life used to be so fun
Love was a pleasure not a chore
My heart used to feel light with the prospect
Now it’s heavy with doubt

There was a time when touching someone was exciting
People could be trusted
Now it’s not the same
As people don’t know what they want

When did it all change?
When did we become users, used and abused?
How long has it been since I took a breathe?
When was the last time I lived for me?

Life used to be special
Everything was unique and meant for me
I used to live for the thrill of living
Now I dread waking up

There was a time when people cared for each other
People used to help
Now they hide
As people fear to be needed

When did it all change?
When did we become users, used and abused?
How long has it been since I took a breathe?
When was the last time I lived for me?

Life is a drag as it pushes down on my shoulders
Everything is no longer a challenge
It’s a burden that must be carried
I cringe at the sound of the phone or a knock at the door

There are times when I only want to hide
From those who say they love me
Now they fight for the pieces of my soul
The pieces that are left

When did it all change?
When did we become users, used and abused?
How long has it been since I took a breathe?
When was the last time I lived for me?

Life can be different if we try
Everything can change
Things will never be the same
But they can be more than what they are

There can be hope
From all the corners of the world
There can be peace
If we want it

When did it all change?
When did we become users, used and abused?
How long has it been since I took a breathe?
When was the last time I lived for me?

Life is what life is
Life is what we make it
Life can be what you want
Life is short

How do you want to live yours?

Walker

17 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Get better soon.
Love the poem, specially the last verse, couldn't agree more.
x

Luka said...

Big hugs to you, Walker.

Great poem x

Sally said...

I'm sorry, Walker. :(

PBS said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your morbid year. Hope 2009 will be much MUCH better for you! Beautiful poem, though.

Megan said...

Hugs from me too.

One day at a time, baby, one day at a time.

Aleta said...

I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Anonymous said...

The older we get the more people we seem to lose. I guess it's inevitable but no less painful. I am truly sorry for yet more losses in your family. What's this about you and your dad? I hope you are both ok.


Take care Walker and that was a beautiful, yet sad poem. you're in my thoughts.

Lindy said...

And then we blink....
xoxo, feel better.

Leah said...

Oh dear, yes. Very poignant, very true.

I'm sorry.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Walker, I'm so sorry for the losses you and your family have had this year. Can I give you a big hug? (((Walker)))

itisi said...

I am saddened to read about the losses your family endured. It is hard at any time of the year but especially when everyone else is running around being happy and jovial because it is Christmas.
I feel some of your pain as I lost an uncle on Christmas Day a while back.
Take care and I will talk to you soon.

Monogram Queen said...

Walker, please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'd gladly take a little snow down here in South Carolina to help you out. Hugs my friend.

Jenny said...

getting older brings brand new responsibilities, I've learned this myself this year.

Stay focused. Take care of YOURSELF while you're taking of everyone else and just know you're not alone. xoxox.

INNER VOICES said...

*leaves bottle of wild turkey and paper bag full of doobage on front porch, sighs deeply and walks away*

Just telling it like it is said...

Sorry walker there is nothing one can say to make things better I just wish you peace and peace for your family..

Peter said...

G'day Walker, sorry to hear all the stuff you and yours have been going through, right at the moment I can empathise with you ... Lets hope for much better things in 2009.
All the very best my friend.
Peter.

Susan said...

Big hugs to you. Sometimes things get rough, but you will come through it. I think we all feel like this sometimes.
Loved the poem. It really strikes a chord.