blue moon (2)

Saturday, February 18, 2006

SHHHHHHH ©


SHHHHHHHH.

Listen

Can you hear it?

No

Listen harder, ….. Concentrate.

You still can’t hear it?

Turn everything that makes noise off.

Go do it.

Now sit down and listen………………….
……………………
……………………
……………………
……………………
……………………

Silence………

I can hear nothing at all.

Do you hear it?

But if you listen carefully, you hear something.
It’s a sound that has no source.
You can’t find where it’s coming from but it’s there.

A very old man pointed this out to me once.
I sat there with him, silent for 30 minutes listening to nothing but something.
Later he asked me if I heard it and I told him I did.
Then he asked me if I know what it was and where it was coming from?
I told him no but was willing to tear the place apart to find the source.
At this he laughed at me, you don’t have to look for it he said because you have found it all ready.
I looked at him strangely and asked why.
He said that the sound I hear in dead silence was “life”.
I had this blank look on my face and started wondering if he hadn’t taken to many painkillers.
He explained that all things make sound; we just can’t hear it most of the time.
It’s there with every breath that we take.
Our organs working and sustaining us make sound.
The fluids speeding through your veins and arteries, whisper life its self.

When you slip into your child’s room in the middle of the night while they are sound asleep you hear nothing but you do hear something don’t you.
It’s that familiar sound that you know and trust to tell you, that they are fine.
But, there is no source to that sound is there?

If you went looking for it you couldn’t find it unless you are quiet.


Very Very Quiet…………………………… and when you hear it, it sounds like it’s everywhere.

Like a whisper in the background

I hope you hear it


Walker

No comments: