blue moon (2)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Yesterday Today And Tomorrow ©

Today,….today I am in a goofy mood.
You know what I mean.
It’s that combination of a little bit of blue, with a splash of happy, a sprinkle of horny, with a dabble of mischief and a desire for some fun.
So with that in mind I am going to go back a bit where I am sitting stoned on a couch. Eyes glazed over deep in thought and watching TV, oblivious to what is on.
You all know what I mean.
MrHaney’s jumping up going, I NEVER DID DRUGS!
True, but you get stoned on booze just the same and being an ex Sailor I’m sure you took advantage of shore leave so have a seat and join the buzz.
So I’m sitting on the couch stoned and this pops into my head.
“If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?”
My eyes bulged, WOW, what could the answer be?
I call over the other 3 totally stoned guys and pose the question to them also.
“If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?”
They just looked at each other and you could see the deep thinking process beginning.
“Well said Mike, a tree is pretty big and it would make quite the noise.”
“But if your not there how do you know it made a noise, said Phil?”
“It has to make a noise; the fucken tree is as big as a tree Mike shot back”
“So what, maybe the wind was blowing and it had a soft landing Phil hammered back”
“What fucken wind, where did the wind come from, Mike yelled back at Phil”
“There is wind in the woods you know, said Phil”
“Ok guys no need to get all uptight with this, I said.”
I looked over at Snake who was still deep in though to my question.
“So Snake, what is you thought on this, I asked?”
Snake looked over at me and without blinking an eye he said,
“You got any chips?”
BINGO !
The perfect answer
Who gives a shit if a tree falls in the forest and makes a noise or not?
Who cares if you’re stoned on pot, or drunk on bourbon?
As long as you are somewhere safe with friends and having a good time.
These are the times in my past that I sit and think about this time of year.
My friends and I would drink, smoke and say the stupidest things and start arguments just for the hell of it.
We would sit there for hours debating issues that meant absolutely NOTHING.
But it was all good because it brought us together.
It still does, they will be down for Christmas and we will be gathering for a smoke, a few pints for Xmas and to send me off.
We’re older and wiser now, well maybe a little, but we are still those kids in my living room trying to figure out, “If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?”
I have been told by many that you should let your past go and move on into the future. But what is the future if not the past to be and are we to forget the future as well.
That would be kind of a dead and boring existence.
I say embrace your past and welcome the future, bring out the clowns and let’s PARTY!
Enjoy the upcoming Holidays and remember your youth, it’s still yours.

I got 14 Xmas cards ready to go and am accepting more so if you want one email me at walkerwalker@sympatico.ca

Walker

No comments: