blue moon (2)

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Are You Somebody? ©

I was listening to the radio the other day and a song come on with a line that I found interesting. The song was being sung by Dean Martin. The line was:

“You’re nobody, unless somebody loves you”

Is it true?
I want your input, I will give you mine first.
I want all of you that don’t leave comments, to leave one this time.

Am I somebody, if nobody loves me?
Let’s define love first.

According to Webster’s dictionary
Love:

1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers
(3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests b : an assurance of love
2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion
3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration b (1) : a beloved person : DARLING -- often used as a term of endearment (2) British -- used as an informal term of address
4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God
5 : a god or personification of love
6 : an amorous episode : LOVE AFFAIR
7 : the sexual embrace : COPULATION
8 : a score of zero (as in tennis)

I guess we can discard the tennis definition unless some of you have a thing for fuzzy balls, wait I may take that back, some of you MAY have a thing for fuzzy balls.

We assume that at birth, a mother loves her child. So we are somebody.
But doesn’t the doctor delivering us, consider us somebody?
Does this mean he love us, if he/she does, someone owes Walker 46 Xmas and birthday presents.
I have never met a parent that didn’t love their children. So I guess they are all somebody.
But a teacher has lots of children in her class does she think they are somebody, if yes does she love them, if no are they still somebody?
What about the orphan, that is born and his mother dies at birth? The child is alone and put into an orphanage. With no one to love him/her, are they somebody?
All of the single people at home with deceased parents and no other family, who have no one to say I love you to them; are they somebody?
The government thinks I’m somebody. They never forget my tax bill. Does the government love me?
They love my money, but I don’t think they love me.
If a cop pulls you over and asks who you are and you say nobody, are you not arrested until you become somebody real fast. Does that cop love me, "Who loves you Baby!!!!!!" I doubt it. Maybe Kojak.
I’m going to leave God out of this, because unless he/she can come down and give me a hug in the physical sense, then they don’t count.
Pets are out too, because they love anyone, that knows how to use a can opener.
I was going to say there, I have figured it out.
If no one loves you, you are still somebody, but then I thought.
If I love myself, don’t I count?
Doesn’t this make me somebody?
For me, I believe it’s not true. We are somebody, even if no one loves us and we don’t love ourselves.
There must be someone out there in the world not loved by no one and that doesn’t love him/her self, and if they run you over with a car, people would say somebody run over him.
There you see, they are somebody.
We take up space in this world and people bump into us. Our achievements matter, and affect others.
I tyiknavlipstkvaoisaoasos (my real name scrambled) am somebody no matter if I’m loved or not.
But I’m lucky; I am loved, by my parents and family, by my girlfriend, and my friends. Oh and I do love myself too.

So what do you think about?

“You’re nobody unless somebody loves you”





Walker

No comments: