blue moon (2)

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Swinging It ©

I’m having one of those weeks where everything weird and wrong is happening.
But you know what
This is stupid
But
I feel good and I don’t give a fuck
Life could be worse
So
I might as well lay back and have a good time

Come on look at the world
It’s fucked
So why should I care if Archie decides to call me at 9 am to ask me if I am awake.
Yeah well BUD, …… I am now.

Hey you know if the song kicks in before you finish this, forget the rest of the post, get up and shake it around the room with Tom Petty.
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Oh sorry I was getting ahead of myself.

Last night I was kidnapped from my house by an unarmed group of men.
Just my luck eh
It could have been a vicious group or armed playboy bunnies but no
Life sucks

The doorbell went off 20 times before I heard it in a gap between songs.
M was on the other side flapping his arms around screaming about being outside ringing the doorbell for 10 minutes.
Hey
What can I say I love my tunes and so do the cats.
M walked through the door and then my brother followed by Rick then some guy.
I stop him at the door and ask him
Who are you?
Oh, my name is Kevin and thrusts a hand out.
Now I am in a good mood as in evil mood for the purpose having a little fun at someone’s expense kinda mood.
Did I mention I didn’t know him?

So what are you doing here?
I am here from Washington for three months but I am originally from New Orleans Louisiana
I drove to Washington where I now work and I drove to here from D.C.
It was a long drive and don’t crave the drive back next month.
I mean what are you doing here, in my house?
I came with them.
So, you came without asking my permission.
You’re supposed to call first.
I didn’t know I needed to I just came with them.
So you go around following strangers, is that what you are telling me?
NO, we just met at the bar and were having a good time, so I came along.
So…do you meet a lot of men at bars to have a good time?

I had him squirming and he was still at the front door.
I knew the guys wouldn’t just bring some stranger into my house if they didn’t know him
I turned to M
Who’s this?
He was at the bar and wanted to come to the strip club with us.
So you brought him……….what strip club
The one we are going to tonight.
No No NO, no more strip clubs, I told you yesterday
It’s ok I am paying
So let me see, just because you are paying it’s ok, well I’m not going.

I saw Kevin grinning by the door while M and I were exchanging insults.
What are you laughing about?
Did anyone frisk this guy?
Rick check him out and be happy Archie isn’t here.
We would be doing a cavity search then.

M told Rick to leave him alone and that he was ok, so I pointed out a chair to him to sit in.
Now Rick is in the kitchen.
He could never keep a straight face.
M and Archie pick up quick and join in.
You see everyone knows that Kevin was sitting in Emme’s chair.

She comes waddling around and wraps her fat body around his legs screeching to be picked up.
Emme is to fat to do anything more than fall so jumping ended years ago.
She sat there pestering him continuously by getting on her back legs and yelling at his face as loud as she could.
He didn’t know what to do.
Rick came into the room and saved his ass by asked if we wanted to smoke a joint.
Kevin pops out with “yeah I haven’t had a joint in 8 months” you would think he would have learned by now but noooooooo.

So… you toke, but do you know how to roll.
Yeah I do.
I told Rick to give it to Kevin to roll and to add a little tobacco.
He sat there tearing at it into little pieces even though the scissors were right there on the tray.
When he finished rolling it he held it out.
I was watching him the whole time.
Did you put tobacco in it?
He knew that answer before he started thinking but I guess it looks better that way.
I forgot to put some in.
Well I guess you’re going to have to take it apart and roll it again.
He sat there breaking it up and adding tobacco and then rolling it up again and then extended his hand once more.
Did you put a filter?
He just looked at me lost.
Do I have to take it apart again?
We all just cracked up at this point.
I told him to do the honors and spark it up.
We didn’t let him pay for the rest of the night at the BAR minus the STRIP!

When we got to the bar my brother was there with the SIL and Amanda.
When she saw she started jumping up and down.
M is her godfather.
They were there for dinner and leaving soon.
That’s when this song came on by Tom Petty and Amanda started dancing.
This kid is a dance freak I tell you.
We cranked it up for her and she put on a performance for everyone to watch on the table.
Then she was trying to show some skin by dropping her shoulder strap on purpose
Gezzz
That’s it she will be a stripper and M is her godfather ha ha ha that’ll fuck him up.

After I got home at 3 am, I stripped to my shorts and made dinner.
I hadn’t eaten all day it’s a habit of forgetting to eat when I get busy.
Might be why I have lost 70 pounds.
It could be my cooking too hmmmmm
After eating and moving a bookcase upstairs along with the books I hit the sack at 5 am

Here is Archie asking me at 9 am if I am awake.
Yeah I guess I am
Awake and alive

Enjoy your weekend get with the beat and have some fun because you only live once.

Woooooo Hooooooo


Walker


Saving Grace with Tom Petty

I’m passing sleeping cities
Fading by degrees
Not believing all I see to be so

I’m flyin’ over backyards
Country homes and ranches
Watching life between the branches below

And it’s hard to say
Who you are these days
But you run on anyway
Don’t you baby?

You keep running for another place
To find that saving grace

I’m moving on alone over ground that no one owns
Past statues that atone for my sins
There’s a guard on every door
And a drink on every floor
Overflowing with a thousand amens

And it’s hard to say
Who you are these days
But you run on anyway
Don’t you baby?

You keep running for another place
To find that saving grace
Don’t you baby?

You’re rolling up the carpet
Of your father’s two-room mansion
No headroom for expansion no more
And there’s a corner of the floor
They’re telling you is yours
You’re confident but not really sure

And it’s hard to say
Who you are these days
But you run on anyway
Don’t you baby?

You keep running for another place
To find that saving grace

Don’t you baby?

No comments: