blue moon (2)

Friday, July 29, 2005

Soul Searching ©

UPDATE:

Hey look at this, Walker hit the big time I got my first Death Threat as a BLOGGER. Now how cool is that.
“This guy really chaps my hide. I didn't read anything but the first entry, entitled "Tipping Part 3" and I want to kill him.”
Don’t you love it.
I should thank someone.
Hmmmmmmmm lets see.
I would like to thank. The greedy waitress that screamed at my friend and Blonde with the vicious dog that threatened me. I would also like to thank her for driving up my hit counter.
LMAO!!!!!!!

Have a nice weekend

Walker

Yesterday while I was running through all the blogs on my side bar and all the ones in my favorites that I haven’t put on my blog roll yet AND THERE IS A LOT OF THEM!!!!
I read DL’s post and the post of one of the nice people I am introducing to you today and an old story came to mind that I had heard when I was a kid.
It’s a Greek myth of sorts so I thought I would share it with you and spare you another sex post. LOL
It goes like this.

Long ago when the gods ruled the clouds, they looked down upon the earth and saw these creatures down below and they were always happy and free.
They were peaceful and trusting and got along with each other and most of all they loved themselves.
They were of various color and sizes. They each had 2 heads and 4 arms and legs, but only one heart.
The gods were petty and constantly fighting with each other. Zeus looked down upon theses creatures and turned to the other gods and said look down there. Look and see how happy they are and how they get along. Not like us, constantly fighting and arguing with each other.
Zeus became fond of these creatures and envied them. He longed to be just like them. One day he disguised himself and went down to Earth to see how these mortal beings could be so happy.
While in the town square, Zeus stopped one of the beings and asked it “how can you be so happy and knowing that you are mortal and will eventually die and how can you be happier than the gods them selves?”
Well says the creature, “knowing that one day we will die, we can appreciate the smell of a blooming flower, the beauty of a hawk soaring into the sky, the smiles of our children. The gods live forever and have no care for these things because they are always here as the gods are and Zeus would never understand what beauty is.”
This angered Zeus and he went to Mount Olympus to think on what he had just learned. How could these creatures be so happy and to tell him that he Zeus would never be able to be this happy.
Zeus was getting angrier with every though and when he looked down upon the land and looked at their happy faces he only got angrier. As his anger grew the clouds around the mountain peak got darker and thunder could be heard through out Earth.
He sat there getting drunk on ambrosia and his anger and then without a word he stood up eyes blazing with fury and walked to the edge on the mountain top and looked down and thundered. “You shall not be better than the gods” and raised his hands and the sky filled with a million lightning bolts and sent them raining down on the creatures below, striking them and splitting them in 2.
Then he sent the powerful winds and scattered them throughout the world and far from their other halves.
Ever since then, Humans have been wandering through out the world looking for the other half of their heart and soul.


............Fireworks-03arg-n-50-transarg-e-5O-trans-killing-our-serverloadarg-w-50-transFireworks-03
................................Fireworks-09........................Fireworks-09

Fireworks-03 arg-l-50-transarg-i-50-transarg-n-50-transarg-k-50-transarg-exclaim-50-transFireworks-03

I have two new people I would like to introduce you to today. One, many of you have already met if you went by Sara’s site the other day she has a multitude of stories and may be willing to give out lion taming tips and the other is a Lady who makes you think about you by telling us about herself.
They are both great reads so let’s go over and say hello To Ana and Victoria. Wait HOLD the Presses we have a late entry. Could it be YES we have a convert IT's, IT's, 'blink blink'. Itisi one of our favorite commentors has joined the blog ranks. So that's three new friends.


Fridays Joke

BUTTERCUPS

Towards the end of the golf course,
Dave hit his ball into the woods and found it in a patch of pretty yellow buttercups.
Trying to get his ball back in play,
he ended up thrashing just about every buttercup in the patch.
All of a sudden.....POOF!!
In a flash and puff of smoke, a little old woman appeared.
She said, "I'm Mother Nature!
Do you know how long it took me to make those buttercups?
Just for doing what you have done,
you won't have any butter for your popcorn for the rest of your life:
better still, you won't have any butter for your toast for the rest of your life......
As a matter of fact, you'll never have any butter for anything the rest of your life!!!!!
Then POOF!......she was gone!
After Dave recovered from the shock, he hollered for his friend,
"Fred, where are you?"
Fred yells back "I'm over here in the pussy willows.
"Dave shouts back, "DON'T SWING, Fred; FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T SWING!"


Have a nice weekend


Walker

No comments: