blue moon (2)

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Prize ©

Walker is a Dad. I have 2 kids 3 really, but I never met the first one, so I don’t count him. It was a boy, we were young I was 14 she was 24 I wasn’t old enough to buy cigars anyway. She left to go back to the States. But I have 2 daughters and like any dad there the best looking kids on the face of the earth. One is smart as a whip. The other is cunning as a cat. Guess which one is the hand full? Yup, it’s the young one, who is the focus of today’s post. It happened one stormy night at an old abandoned warehouse, ok it was sunny and beautiful and we were at Wal-Mart. I got to see my kids every second weekend so on this day I had taken the girlfriend I was with at the time, her kids and mine shopping.
We get there and I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up some things and I told the GF I was going to take my youngest with me. She asked me why and I said it’s safer for you if I did. (I didn’t want to say she could wrap you around her finger and mess you up).
The gullible GF goes no; it’ll be fine you’ll see. We girls will have fun. Right lady, you’re out of your league here. I look down upon the sweet diabolical face of my daughter the same kid that had my cat running around the house in a Cabbage Patch doll dress and say yes, ok what the hell what can happen. So I take off to the pharmacy.
After the pharmacy I decided to go to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner so I took about an hour to get everything I needed. As I’m leaving the store and on my way to Wal-Mart I notice the fire trucks parked outside and as I get closer to Wal-Mart I see this huge crowd around the entrance. I excuse my way through so I can find my crew, I see the girl friend and she comes over going I’m sorry, she was only gone for a second. FUCK, I say and not to myself. What happened I asked? She told me the kid put her hand in a vending machine and got it stuck.
Now, there were 30 people around this machine. There are police, firemen, store staff, janitors and customers all there to save my kid from the evil hand eating coin operated machine. I get through and she sees me and starts crying. The fireman tells me they have to break the machine to save her hand. I look at him and ask if I can have a minute with her.
Hi I tell her, with a frown she says Hi back. What happened I asked her? She tells me she put a dollar in the machine and nothing came out so she stuck her hand in to get the prize. Oh I see and did you get it. Yes she replies it’s in my hand, I say well then, let it go and your hand will come out. NO ITS MINE was the answer. I told her if she let it go it would come out with her hand. The kid releases the toy out comes the hand the toy and the kid takes off like nothing happened.
I stood there looking at the lot of them thinking, twits. Grabbed my family and went home.




Always Love your kids .They will piss you off , drive you crazy ,your gonna want to KILL them and one day they will say or do something that will make you proud and go THAT’S MY KID WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
And then they’ll piss you off again until they make you proud once more.


Walker

No comments: