blue moon (2)

Monday, July 02, 2012

HAPPY CANADA DAY ©


It’s the dieing hours of another Canada Day.
It was a good day as I sit here looking back on it.
It’s been a tough few weeks but today made up for it.
My problems are not gone but today managed to pry my mind away from them so that I could find something that had been missing.
Fun.

Just simple fun with friends and family.
Speaking for myself I have allowed my problems to take over my whole life and have neglected a very important part of our well being.
Fun

All the bullshit that’s dragging me down will still be there when I wake up tomorrow but right now it’s all about what I want and what that is, is not to feel mad or hateful at many of the things fucking me up the ass.
I don’t want to let my frustrations poison my mind to the point where it spills towards the ones I love because I am mad at everything else.
This only happens because we don’t recharge the mind.
We let shit burn into our heads until it takes over everything because it’s always in the forefront blocking everything else.
Life has to be more than just trouble shooting the problems thrown at us.
Just as we sleep to rejuvenate the body we need to let the mind sleep away from what is eating at you.
Fun is what’s’ needed.
What good are dreams if you can’t live them.

I hear people say they are working for the dream.
What if the dream isn’t what they are working for but the time they have now?

D2 graduated this week.
I am very proud of her.
We have fought a lot over the last few years over many things, school being one of them.
I know I am not an easy person to live with.
As liberal minded that I am on certain things I am set in my ways in others.
It’s been said I am overbearing when it comes to certain things and I am.
I have been told I have to let my kids make their own mistakes so they can learn from them and I agree but if I see a locomotive on its way to plow them over its all bets off.
Maybe it’s because I have seen to many kids get lost or die and I don’t want it to be one of my own.
I can’t keep bad things from happening to them but I can shield them the best I can until they learn how to survive.

Both D1 and D2 are looking towards college and University in the fall, something that puts a smile on my face when I think about it.
Next year Inia’s son whom I considered my own  is going to be a senior then off to college himself.
They all make me proud and happy.
I tell them all the time to have fun.
I want them to get used to having fun so they will always seek it.
I know with the pressures of life pushing down on us its hard to do especially when the plate is over flowing but smiles and laughter are very important too and they are free.
The soul needs to have some fun.

Today we (all but D2) went up to Parliament Hill to see the celebrations.
We got there about noon and it was packed.
I mean we couldn’t get within two full blocks of the main stage and this was noon.
The street were crawling with people decked up in red and white.
Red Maple Leafs everywhere.
Performers were on every corner and people lines around to watch.
Food venders had thousands of people lined up for their evil delights.. 
Tens of thousand of people walked around smiling and laughing, having fun as we were.

We turned up the street which leads up towards the center tower of the Parliament buildings when just then the Snow Birds roared over coming in from the back of the builds and over our heads.
They were so low you swear you could have reached up and touched them.
  
A woman walked up onto the stage in the distance and spoke to the thousands who had already flooded the front lawn  and a full black back of the hill.
She said something that holds true with many peoples around the world at one time in their history.

She said, in 1812 an Americans army marched across the border intent on eliminating a British colony but instead found a group of people born to the land, the natives and those who had come to make Canada their home ready to fight.
They came together as one, united in same cause.
These were the seeds of a nation.
The crowd roared whilst waving their flags high and proud.

It’s funny but if you look at it, even though the Americans didn’t win the war they did achieve their goal minus the extra real estate.
We are not a British colony.
We are Canada and we choose our own path and who are friends are.
Today 200 years after the fact, we are best friends with those same neighbors to the south.
Many were in town celebrating with us and no one complained about us burning down the White House back then.

It was a fun start to a day that continued to be fun.
It’s 1 am and I can still hear people at the park lighting fireworks.
Tomorrow I will be in the States celebrating their Independence Day.

Freedom
What a fun word.
Be free to have some fun

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!

HAPPY FORTH OF JULY!!!!!!!

Have a nice day

Walker

1 comment:

GAB said...

WELL ON JULY 1ST I WAS IN SOUTH DAKOTA WHERE TEMP WAS 105 IT WAS ANY THING BUT HAPPY I HAD NO INTERNET TO WISH YOU HAPPY CANADA DAY OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. ON JULY 4TH (my birthday) I WAS STILL IN SD TEMPS STILL AROUND 105+ AND WHILE I WAS A LITTLE HAPPIER(you gotta be happy with grandsons trying to make you happy by surprising you with cupcakes with candles on top announcing your age lol)BUT I'M HOME IM COOLER IM SLEEPING IM MY OWN BED AND GRANDSONS GO HOME TO THEIR MOM EVERY NIGHT! YAY I TRIED SO HARD TO BE HAPPY ON THAT TRIP BUT ONCE YOU SEE AND READ WHAT WE WERE DOING YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY I WASNT MUCH OF A HAPPY CAMPER! happy canada day happy july 4th late of course lol